We love any excuse to try a healthier “French fry” and these baked avocado fries looked too delish to pass up. Sometimes it’s so hard to eat healthier, and I find it’s because I tend to turn to rather boring or simple foods.
Baked Avocado Fries
Enjoy the recipe! These baked avocado fries are a perfect way to add some flavor and texture to an already addictive veggie.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/4 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- Grated parmesan for serving (optional)
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Coat avocado slices in the four, then egg, then panko.
- Spread on a cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray, then place on a cookie sheet.
- Spray the top of the wedges with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, then bake for about 20 minutes at 450, or until they are golden brown
- (I turned my oven up to 500 for the last 5 minutes)