Three years ago the world lost one of the most influential men of our time. Nelson Mandela passed away in his home in South Africa at age 95. He was a role-model, a hero and an inspiration to millions all over the world. We would like to remind his life with a collection of some of the famous Nelson Mandela quotes and words of wisdom.
Image via Flickr
1. “I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.”
2. “I am not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying.”
3. “I am the captain of my soul.”
4. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.”
5. “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
6. “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.”
7. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.”
8. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”
9. “Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.”
10. “A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.”
We had a tough time just choosing 10 so here’s an extra bonus quote that we had to include! It’s one of our favorite.
“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite”. ~Nelson Mandela
RIP Nelson Mandela (1918-2013)